1. Many people think that teeth whitening treatments will be painful, but as long as you carefully follow the instructions, the treatments should be pain-free. However, teeth whitening treatments can make your teeth more sensitive if they are used regularly.
2. If you have any dental work done in the past, it is important that you realize that store bought teeth whitening kits will not whiten veneers or fillings. To get stains removed from veneers or fillings, you will need to visit a cosmetic dentist.
3. Avoid using lemon juice to Whitening Kits. Citric acid is very corrosive and regularly rubbing the substance onto your teeth will damage your tooth enamel and could burn your gums.
4. Baking soda is not a teeth whitener. While baking soda can remove superficial stains from the surface of your teeth, it cannot bleach your teeth white. Furthermore, baking soda can scratch deep grooves into your enamel, which will actually make your teeth more susceptible to staining.
5. Purchasing the strongest teeth whitening product in the store will not always give you the best results. The more potent the whitening product is, the more potential damage the whitening treatment could do to your tooth enamel. Ideally, you start by using the lower strength whitener available then, if that whitener does not make any difference to the whiteness of your teeth, you can purchase a stronger teeth whitening product.
6. Many people falsely believe that the only way to get professional results is to visit a dental clinic and pay a small fortune for a whitening procedure. Fortunately, due to recent advancements in the industry, it is now possible to get great results from home teeth whitening kits.
Avoid Home Teeth Whitening Kits – for children and Teenage:
7. Whitening treatments should never be used on children’s teeth and teenagers should use the products with caution.
8. It is important that you understand that teeth whitening products are not completely risk free. Even if you follow all of the instructions to the letter, complications can occur and serious problems can arise.
9. Teeth whitening treatments don’t last for forever, so if you want to maintain a brilliant white smile, you will have to repeat the treatment every few months.
Buy Home Teeth Whitening Kits Only:
10. Always purchase home teeth whitening kits from reputable retailers. Due to the growing demand for these kits, many counterfeits are in circulation. These counterfeit products can be very dangerous as they typically contain very potent chemicals and come with inaccurate instruction leaflets.
As mentioned previously, the popularity of home teeth whitening kits has increased dramatically over the course of the last ten years. Hopefully, the Whitening Kits tips above have helped to increase your knowledge of home teeth whitening treatments.